Working in the sales world is never easy. Even people that have industry expertise know how long it takes to achieve the peak of sales success.
From dealing with difficult prospects and cutthroat competition to the pressures of reaching quotas, the profession itself can nick away the slightest ounce of motivation – but only if you allow it to happen.
It can be hard to find motivation from time to time. And as sales reps go through more no’s than the yes, you may find a little lift of support from time to time.
As you go on with your mundane tasks, you may not know where to get that slight nudge that you think you need.
But as they say, the greatest people in the business, top salespersons, and idea generators are like diamonds – built under high amounts of heat and pressure, just like every rejection, fear, and even failure.
You may have probably read a lot of motivational sales quotes that convey the same message. And maybe there are days that you just need some inspiration to get a hold of yourself and bounce back.
So we did what we have to do – gather all the motivational sales quotes that may help you get back on track.
Read along and find a quote or two that you can keep in your pocket for days you think you need some thrust of energy.
Motivational sales quotes for running a successful enterprise in the sales world
Running a successful enterprise is more than just making sales. It takes a lot of planning, measuring just about every metric, and having the mindset of sales leaders to achieve the epitome of success. Here are some motivational sales quotes for running your business.
1. “Establishing trust is better than any sales technique.” – Mike Puglia
2. “Refuse to attach a negative meaning to the word no. View it as feedback. No tells you to change your approach, create more value or try again later.” – Anthony Iannarino
3. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
4. “To be seen as a credible and trusted advisor, every touch you have with a customer should provide added value.” – Sharon Gillenwater
5. “Sales enablement can’t be reactive. It has to be a full-blown strategy that’s woven into the fabric of the company.” – Roderick Jefferson
6. “How you sell is more important than what you sell.” – Andy Paul
7. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
8. “What differentiates sellers today is their ability to bring fresh ideas.” – Jill Konrath
9. “Either run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
10. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
11. “There is always room at the top.” – Daniel Webster
12. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napolean Hill
13. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. Because it does.” – William James
14. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
15. “It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s rather about handling opportunities right.” -Mark Hunter
16. “Success is a science; if you have conditions, you will surely get the result.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” – John D. Rockefeller
18. “Sales success comes from the right balance of quality human interaction as well as appropriate use of supplemental tools.” – Deb Calvert
19. “You can’t propose a mutually beneficial business relationship until you can’t understand their business.” – Craig Rosenburg
20. “Companies should be selling ideas more than benefits. Sell ideas. Not stuff.” – Aaron Ross
21. “A big business starts small.” – Richard Branson
22. “You don’t build a business, you build people, then people build the business.” – Zig Ziglar
23. “Bringing great people onto your team is about demonstrating that size really doesn’t matter – people do.” – Jess Campbell
24. “Make something people want includes making a company that people want to work for.” – Sahil Lavingia
25. “A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in.” – Nicole Snow
26. “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.” – Jack Welch
27. “Failure is not to be feared. It is from failure that most growth comes.” – Dee Hock
28. “Spend time upfront to invest in systems and processes that make long-term growth sustainable.” – Jeff Platt
29. “Help your team feel more connected to your company by incorporating the right digital technology tools into their workflow.” – Andrea Meyer
30. “There is no finish line. There are only mile markers.” – Michael Ventura
Inspirational sales quotes for sales reps
As sales is a measure of a company’s ultimate success, the road is paved by great salespeople. Here are some of the inspirational sales quotes for sales reps yearning to achieve triumph in the sales world.
1. “Start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” – Jill Konrath
2. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
3. “Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.” – Norman Ralph
4. “The sales compensation plan is Batman, the sales contest is Robin.” – Mark Roberge
5. “Humanize the sales process or perish.” – Steli Efti
6. “Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
7. “Ninety percent of selling is conviction, and 10 percent is persuasion.” – Shiv Khera
8. “Quality performance and quality service starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
9. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” – W. Clement Stone
10. “The best salespeople wonder what it would be like to be in the other person’s shoes. They know they can’t play that game unless they continually strive to train themselves in how we as human beings communicate.” – Bob Phibbs
11. “It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp
12. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
13. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
14. “There is no magic to closing. There are no magic phrases. Closing the deal is completely dependent on the situation.” – Alice Heiman
15. “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.” – Zig Ziglar
16. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” – David Brinkley
17. “When takes the role of a curious student rather than an informed expert, buyers are much more inclined to engage.” – Jeff Hoffman
18. “Treat objections as requests for further information.” – Brian Tracy
19. “Sales is an outcome, not a goal. It’s a function of doing numerous things right, starting from the moment you target a potential prospect until you finalize the deal.” – Jill Konrath
20. “Successful people ask a lot more questions during sales calls than do their less successful colleagues.” – Neil Rackham
21. “Be an example. Are you prompt? Are you professional? Are you engaged? As sales leaders, we have to set the bar high for ourselves as well as our teams.” – Lori Richardson
22. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
23. “If your sales have tanked, maybe the issue is not your lack of sales skills, but you are rushing the knowing and trusting aspects of the buying process.” – Leanne Hoagland-Smith
24. “Customers don’t care at all whether you close the deal or not. They care about improving their business. It’s easy to forget this in the heat of a sales cycle.” – Aaron Ross
25. “You have to drop your sales mentality and start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” – Jill Konrath
26. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
27. “One of the best predictors of ultimate success…isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.” – Daniel H. Pink
28. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time to see them.” – Brian Tracy
29. “Keep the customer actively involved throughout the presentation, and watch your results improve.” – Harvey Mackay
30. “Sellers who listen to buyers carefully and then give them the missing ingredients – those are the ones who stand out.” Deb Calvert
Inspirational and positive sales quotes for sales success
As the late Steve Jobs had said, “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” Indeed, successful people do not achieve greatness after a day or two of hard work.
It takes a lot of grit and passion to beat or at least be at par with high-productivity sales organizations. But it should not make you lose hope. Here are some inspirational sales quotes to bring that positive attitude to your sales team.
1. “If you harness the power of innovation, you’ll convert sales complexity into a brutal competitive advantage.” – Tim Sanders
2. “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman
3. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
4. “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined, and connected to one another. And when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” -Daniel Pink
5. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
6. “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
7. “You are not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.” – Marian Wright Edelman
8. “I have stood on a mountain of no’s for one yes.” – B. Smith
9. “Just don’t give up on what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
10. “Success isn’t about the money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
11. “If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” – Erica Jong
12. “Be passionate and move forward with gusto every single hour of every single day until you reach your goal.” – Ava DuVernay
13. “No matter how many customers you have, each is an individual. The day you start thinking of them as this amorphous ‘collection’ and stop thinking of them as people is the day you start going out of business.” – Dharmesh Shah
14. “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” – Dianna Ross
15. “Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.” – Angela Bassett
16. “You can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
17. “In high productivity sales organizations, salespeople do not cause customer acquisition growth, they fulfill it.” – Aaron Ross
18. “I thrive on obstacles. If I’m told that it can’t be done, then I push harder.” – Issa Rae
19. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” – Estée Lauder
20. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
21. “Leadership belongs to those who take it.” Sheryl Sandberg
22. “You have to learn to keep your eyes on an ultimate goal. If you lose sight of that goal, you have to get out.” – Hamdi Ulukaya
23. “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Ginni Rometty
24. “You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.” – Leymah Gbowee
25. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
Sales quotes to empower your sales team
A company’s greatest weakness lies in its inability to foster great connections between its salespeople and its sales team. The secret of getting ahead does not only rely on making sales but on having an empowered and driven team. Here are some sales quotes that can hopefully empower your sales team.
1. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Engaging people is about meeting their needs – not yours.” – Tony Robbins
3. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” – Seth Godin
4. “Sales is not about selling anymore, but about building trust and educating.” – Siva Devaki
5. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
6. “Let us all be the leaders we wish we had.” – Simon Sinek
7. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
8. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
9. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
10. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” Patrick Lencioni
11. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
12. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
13. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
14. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
15. “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” – Simon Mainwaring
16. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
17. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
18. “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
19. “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
20. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “Good teams incorporate teamwork into their culture, creating the building blocks for success.” – Ted Sundquist
22. “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
23. “Interdependent people combine their own effort with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” – Stephen Covey
24. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
25. “Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.” – Unknown
26. “No matter how senior you get in an organization, no matter how well you’re perceived to be doing, your job is never done.” – Abigail Johnson
27. “Good leaders organize and align people around what the team needs to do. Great leaders motivate and inspire people with why they’re doing it. That’s purpose. And that’s the key to achieving something truly transformational.” – Marillyn Hewson
28. “Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO.” – Max McKeown
29. “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” – Jack Welch
30. “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
It takes more than sales quotes to inspire your sales team
Now that you have tons of motivational sales quotes to use in the future, you’re one step ahead towards crushing your sales goals.
Sure these motivational sales quotes can boost the morale of your sales reps. As a piece of unsolicited advice, you may also share these motivational quotes with your team, whether it be in a meeting, in daily emails, on company boards, or just part of your town hall meetings.
However, empowering your team in the truest sense of the word goes beyond motivational sales quotes. These quotes must inspire your team to commit to making and achieving goals a reality.
In the words of Andrea Meyer, “Help your team feel more connected to your company by incorporating the right digital technology tools into their workflow.”
Indeed finding the right kind of digital technology tools can take your productivity and performance on a grander scale. Also, check out the guides, B2B sales, SaaS sales and tech sales.
The field of sales is generally challenging, and if you are a business owner, it is essential to consider that your people focus on the right tasks, things, and goals to achieve.
One of the digital trends that businesses maximize today is automation. Automating repetitive tasks through the use of a variety of tools is one of the fastest ways that companies and teams become more efficient, especially in outreach campaigns.
Among the digital tools that focus on sales outreach tasks is Sloovi.
Sloovi is a powerful suite that houses a wide variety of functions aside from automating mundane sales tasks.
The software solutions offer concrete solutions to increase sales, save unnecessary costs, and focus on other tasks that make growth faster.
And the best thing about it is that it is uncomplicated, straightforward, and flexible.
Give your team the best digital tool for your business and your team.
Get started with Sloovi today!